Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Lovely Bones......my review

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold



Lynsey reviewed this book recently so...on my most recent trip I came home with five new books to start reading and THE LOVELY BONES was on the top of my pile.
Since Lynsey did an AWESOME review and explained the book perfectly I will just add a few things.
This book is original; it left me feeling many different emotions from sadness over the loss of Susie's stolen life and all the experiences robbed from her and those who loved her to fear and finally peace. I love reading well written books,Alice Sebold is a gifted writer and this beautifully created book was a great read! Thanks for telling us Lynsey.

1 comment:

lynsey said...

woo hoo! i'm glad you liked it. i'm always nervous recommending books so i'm happy you thought it was as good as i did. i totally feel the same way about going through all the different emotions. did you end up reading the 'out of body' experience? what did you think? it was hard because it was a bow-chicka-wow-wow part but then again it really wasn't & it was a very important part of the book, i thought anyway. it broke my heart.