Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bel Canto

Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
As I was reading this book I thought, " I love beauty in all it's forms," I think that's why I love reading and discovering new works of art. I've always dreamt of writing something beautiful; taking a story from my head and pushing it onto paper, giving those stories and characters life. Ann Patchett is obviously a gifted writer, almost poetic. Beautifully written; the music that fills these pages can be heard while discovering Roxanne Cross - the Opera singer with an angels voice.
BUT I didn't love this book, wouldn't recommend it and wouldn't read it myself again. The beautiful prose and captivating characters weren't enough. I hated the ending. Hated with a capital H.... and was disappointed with some of the scenes. Overall it was a disappointment!

No comments: