Sunday, October 7, 2007

Wuthering Heights


OK so I have a lot of books to post right now...I have read a lot this summer mostly due to the fact that it was 288 degrees in Arizona and I didn't want to have a heat stroke! The most recent book I finished is Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I am not really sure what to say about this book. Anyone who has read it will probably agree that it leaves you speechless. It's considered an English classic and I want to read all the classics so I embarked a week ago on this book. I have to say that it did captivate my attention and that the story was so original that I had to keep reading to see the end but...I didn't love it. Heathcliff was evil and Cathy selfish. There were a few lines that were memorable
  1. Heathcliff speaking about Cathy said, " I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!
  2. Cathy speaking of Heathcliff "If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the Universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it.
Some pretty romantic quotes but really just read those and you get the only romance the book has to offer.
I wouldn't read this book again...too depressing.

1 comment:

Brittanie said...

Hi Andrea!

Hopefully you don't think I'm too psycho for leaving you a comment! =)
I just wanted to say DITTO on your review for Wuthering Heights! Not much of a love story in my opinion!

Have fun with your book club blog!