Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Jane Austen Book Club



I know that is this to talk about books, but I recently saw this movie about a book club for Jane Austen and thought that all of you would want to see it!

It's about a group of 6 people who start a book club all about Jane Austen. There is 5 girls and 1 guy. They each choose a book that they want and every month they read the same book and at the end of the month get together to talk about the book. But not only do they read the books, they live them. They find that the books help them in their daily love lives as well!

I found out, when looking for this image that this is based off of a book called The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler. I am also looking forward to reading the book. I can honestly say that this is one of my favorite all time movies. It shows how every one has problems and you can use Jane Austen to fix them! I praise the author for coming up with such a fantastic was of writing. Doesn't everyone love Jane Austen? It also shows that many varities of people can read Jane Austen and love her. I highly recommend you to watch this movie and most likely read the book!

Note: The man on the cover is not the man that is in the Book Club.

3 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

Consider yourself warned, but this is 1 of the only 2 books I could not finish. I could not get into it and was board so I stopped, but you may like it.

Ms. Kathleen said...

I have read the book and from what I understand the movie is better than the book so I am looking forward to reading it. I wasn't crazy about it and actually found it hard to get through. I am happy to hear the movie is good.

lynsey said...

i'm excited to see the movie, there's a lot of great actors in it. it will have to be on one of those nights that ben is playing xbox games though because i know he would FREAK out if i tried to make him watch it! the name alone would send him into a pile of sarcastic comments. :)